Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August.”
— Jenny Han, The Summer I Turned Pretty
July has just begun and we want to enjoy it to the fullest, tasting the heat, the sun and the numerous events programmed on and around the shores of the Como Lake, in the most beautiful season of the year. After a sun-filled day on the beach, here’s a few heads up on what to do during the fresh summer evenings. Discover the July events on and around the Como Lake, all that’s to discover as our guest at the Hotel Posta in Moltrasio.
Santa Margherita Fair
A fair dedicated to the town saint, Santa Margherita, will be waiting for you on July 5th to 8th 2016 in Albese con Cassano, a small town found on the road toward Lecco. From 7.00 pm and until midnight on July 5th, there will be a really nice market in the town center. At 8.00pm you may attend the procession for the saint Santa Margherita, and later on that evening there will be a fashion exhibition in the Motta Square. If you love music, July 6th will be you night, as the cover band “Another Story” will perform. On July 8th “Oltre Laura”, a cover band tributing Laura Pausini will play.
Saturday July 7th is dedicated to all of those who love slow dancing, with “Roberta & Luigi band”.
Markets & Curiosities
Summer = outdoor markets. Estate On Thursday July 7th, 14th, and 21st, and Saturday 16th in Cernobbio in Riva from 5.00 pm to 11.00 pm you may stroll around between the market stands, listening to the sounds of the lake waves. What you will find? Vintage objects, antiques, modern stuff and that of collectors. You can admire, or maybe even buy furniture, objects, vintage fabrics, fashion accessories, and objects deriving from the East.
Music Festival of Como City – Forbidden love
The most important event of the month is without a doubt the Music Festival of Como City, in program until July 17th. This ninth edition of the Festival is dedicated to the sweetest of feelings: love. The title is a dedication on its own, performer and interpreted in all of its many ways, with reference to “lagrima furtiva” by Donizetti.
- Wednesday July 6th at 9.30pm MOZART KV 219: the “Orchestra I Pomeriggi Musicali” under Maestro Roncuzzi, and with soloist Riva will perform a opera themed repertoir typical of the one Classical period in Vienna.
- Friday July 8th at 9.30pm MARKER: les Chants Magnétiques Atto III, a performance of artistic and musical exploration through magnetic attraction electronic experimentation.
- Saturday July 9th at 9.30pm SALMO: listen to the Hellvisback Tour 2016: a fusion between rap, metal, punk, hardcore and rock.
- Sunday July 10 at 9.30pm ELEONORA ABBAGNATO in CARMEN: dancer at the Opéra of Paris and Director of the Ballet Crew at the Roma theater, presents and performs an original and unusual version of Carmen.
- Wednesday July 13th at 9.30pm TRILOK GURTU BAND: live exhibition of internationally famed percussionist.
- Friday July 15th at 9.30pm GIANNA NANNINI: amazing artists who will perform her latest album “Hitstory”.
- Saturday July 16th at 9.30pm BLACK & LIGHT: enjoy this extra ordinary acrobatic dance exhibition.
- Sunday July 17 at 9.30pm MICHAEL NYMAN: Festival closing piano concert and videos filmed by the artist himself.
Around the Como Festival
During the festival days in Como you’ll find exhibitions other than the ones regularly associated by the Arena. Here’s the program!
- Thursday July 7th, PAIXAO BRASILEIRA with Suite Carioca: in the gardens of Viale Geno, right by the shores of the Como Lake: experience the latin american vibes!
- Saturday July 16th, T like in TURANDOT: listen to Turandot by Giacomo Puccini (for children) in the amazing garden park of Villa Olmo Turandot di Giacomo Puccini.
- Tuesday July 12th, SAN PETERSBURG EXPRESS: inside the Cloister of Sant’Abbondio the K Quartet will perform known pieces by Brahms, Dvořák, Lehar, Šostakovič.
- Wednesday July 13th, DìADE: By the Monument to the “Fallen of Como” an exhibition dedicated to the changes in tone and body at sunset, with piano pieces by Brahms, Copland, and Vivaldi.
- Thursday July 14th ONE SUMMER’S DAY: musical exhibition for clarinet ande Marimba, by the Baradello Tower.
There really is something for everyone! Are you ready for the July events in the Lake Como area? Here you can find a PDF with all the other events, download it now!! All of the staff at Hotel Posta in Moltrasio will be waiting for you, with a smile!