Como and its lake for Christmas give a fantastic atmosphere and it’s nice to know that many people are committed to make this period so special.
The Christmas’ traditions on Lake Como that are repeated year after year by associations and fans are many, from local markets to music evenings, exhibitions and living cribs. All are an excellent opportunity to enrich your visit to Lake Como and a way to immerse yourself in the Como’s Christmas atmosphere. Today you will want to list a few.
Cribs and exhibitions: the tradition that is renewed every year in Como
- The big event “Como Toy’s city” (of which we’ve talked about here) provides a crib exhibition in the San Giacomo’s Church, (Rimoldi square)
- For those who want to go to the summit of the mountain and enjoy our Lake Como from above, can visit the Intelvi’s valley, and in particular Lanzo, that will host the traditional exhibition of cribs and nativity.
- Erba also continues its tradition with the ‘Christmas in the cave’, Christmas representation into the Rescia Caves in Claino con Osteno (entrance fee info and schedules on the website)
Coming back to the magnificent small villages on Lake Como, there are numerous initiatives not to be missed:
- Lenno gives a characteristic animated nativity scene at the ancient baptistry, that is located in the “Lake square” with free admission; and it is always in Lenno near St. Andrew that you can find another crib that you must see;
- Ossuccio (into the Spurano’s area) there is the traditional crib open to all;
- On January 1st large living nativity scene in Argegno: a manifestation all along the town, deeply felt by the people who participate always very actively. Every year it attracts many people and the event is scheduled at 14.30 (so is better to reach Argegno before so it could be easier to find a parking)
- In Tremezzo, from many years it performs a journey dedicated to the cribs that you can not miss: between the buildings and the streets of the village, with breathtaking views of the beautiful Lake Como, as well as visiting the traditional nativity scenes, you can discover an unusual view of Tremezzina.
Choirs and Christmas concerts to breathe the magic of Christmas
Christmas is also a time of concerts and choirs that you have to listen to breath a little during the bustle in which we are immersed throughout the rest of the year. The proposals are so many, of all you point out these:
- ‘Waiting for Christmas’ Saturday, December 19th in Menaggio: between markets and musical entertainment, you can listen to a gospel concert;
- San Fedele Intelvi, Saturday, Dec.19th at 21:00 in the Saint Anthony’s Church, you will hear the citizen band.
- Appiano Gentile, December 20th, in the Santo Stefano’s Church, there is a Choral Christmas with four Chorus: Choral San Francesco Appiano Gentile, Jubilate Deo Chorale Veniano, Chorale San Mamette Oltrona, Chorale Rock of Appiano.
- Finally, if you prefer a concert for organ alone, the event is scheduled for Friday, December 18th at 21:00 in the of San Martino Castle’s Church in Lurate Caccivio.
Christmas and New Year in Como on the Larian gastronomic tradition? Our La Veranda Restaurant in Moltrasio is the right place.
The holiday season also coincides with the desire to meet each other around a beautiful table set for us and spend carefree moments, as we know well at the Hotel Posta in Moltrasio! For that reason we have our proposals for a special Christmas and New Year and our a la carte menu with many km.0 Larian specialties! Simply come to our Restaurant La Veranda overlooking Lake Como one evening, to immerse yourself into the Como’s Culinary delights.
How do we prepare for Christmas at the Hotel Posta Moltrasio? We will talk about it next week!
I, Armando and all the staff begin to prepare the Christmas tree…We are waiting for you, as always with a smile!